New York’s Top Government Relations Firm Recently Unveiled Additional Services to Help Business & Nonprofits Succeed in Post-COVID-19 New York
NEW YORK — Capalino, one of the nation’s largest urban strategy and municipal government relations firms, announces an expanded leadership team to oversee the firm’s new client services in real estate approvals, project financing, business operations strategy, market research, sustainability and social impact.
Capalino recently announced that it would be building on its four decades of unparalleled expertise in government relations to provide businesses and nonprofits with the full range of services needed to recover and thrive in a post-COVID-19 New York. This includes the launch of Capalino Ventures, a vertically integrated entrepreneurial and real estate platform focused on identifying and executing on investment opportunities.
Overseeing this expansion will be the firm’s leadership team including newly promoted President Travis Terry, Executive Vice President Mark Thompson and Managing Director of Capalino Ventures Susan Hinkson-Carling. Terry and the leadership team will continue to report to Capalino’s Founder and CEO Jim Capalino. Thompson will also oversee the firm’s lobbying division and report to Capalino and Terry.
“Our President, Travis Terry, has played a lead role the past 18 years overseeing the firm’s operations, personally managing our high-profile clients and insuring we deliver on our corporate mantra of ‘We Get It Done,’” said Capalino. “He will be the driving force behind our commitment to assist businesses and not-for-profits in dealing with COVID-19 and provide thought leadership to the business community and the media on the recovery of New York.”
“As a firm, we pride ourselves on providing results-oriented — not just theoretical — guidance to help clients forward their visions,” Terry said. “We know our clients have big dreams for the future of New York and we are ready to make them a reality.”
“Great ideas can only go so far without the necessary financing. With the establishment of Capalino Ventures, we are now able to provide our clients with the full multitude of services needed to manage business, nonprofit, civic and real estate initiatives from start to finish,” Hinkson-Carling said.
Rounding out Capalino’s senior leadership is a team of industry experts who will manage the firm’s new service offerings, including:
- Richard Barth, Group Leader, Land Use: Barth is the Former Executive Director of the New York City Planning Commission and is known for his work guiding the creation of the Hudson Yards District, Greenpoint/Williamsburg, the Special Lower Manhattan District and other major developments. Read more >
- Rich Kassel, Group Leader, Clean Energy & Sustainability: As a former Senior Attorney at the Natural Resources Defense Council for more than two decades, Kassel will oversee New York’s only urban strategy team wholly dedicated to working on projects and policies that advance New York’s ambitious climate and environmental goals. Read more >
- Fred Kreizman, Group Leader, Real Estate Approvals and Permitting: Kreizman is the former Deputy Commissioner of the Mayor’s Community Affairs Unit and brings his 19 years of experience in solving complex municipal issues. He will assist clients in securing necessary approvals and permits. Read more >
- Jeanne Mullgrav, Group Leader, Social Impact: Mullgrav is the Former Commissioner of the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development. She will guide for-profit organizations in developing corporate social responsibility plans and will assist nonprofit clients in developing programs to rebuild New York into a more sustainable, equitable and inclusive city. Read more >
- Michael O’Boyle, Group Leader, Business Strategy: A former senior executive at IBM and a recognized expert in the application of technology to solve complex business problems, O’Boyle will help companies develop and execute effective, innovative strategies for long-term, sustainable success in the New York region. Read more >
Lindsay Harwood has also been promoted as Head of Marketing. Harwood has overseen Capalino’s rebranding and the firm’s new “Future of New York” event series. The conversations will convene business and urban development leaders, community advocates and elected officials to discuss the critical challenges facing New York and develop potential strategies to aid the city’s recovery efforts. The first event will take place on November 18 at 11 am EST. Terry will be joined by Thomas K. Wright, President Regional Planning Association. Members of the media and the public are invited to join these interactive programs, ask questions and share ideas. Register here.
Capalino is the leading urban strategy firm in New York. We are experts in cities, combining knowledge in real estate, lobbying, strategic planning, market research and financing provided by our team of experienced implementation professionals. We have utilized this methodology to help some of the most respected companies and organizations in the world achieve sustainable success. We get it done.
To learn more about how Capalino can help you succeed, contact Travis Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917.439.1525.