Giving Tuesday began in 2012 as a way to inspire people to get into the holiday spirit and participate in a global day of giving. It is a special opportunity for everyone to give a helping hand to local charities through the gift of your donation following Black Friday. On Giving Tuesday, many nonprofit boards and supporters pledge to match donations, maximizing your impact – no matter the size.
Capalino+Company encourages our friends and partners to consider donating to organizations that serve our City’s immigrants, who have contributed tremendously to New York’s economic success.
Below, we’ve curated a list of local organizations you might consider supporting today:
- The New York Immigration Coalition: an advocacy organization composed of 200+ groups that serve NYC’s immigrant community. It has become a leading advocate for immigrants on both the local and national levels.
- Northern Manhattan Coalition for Immigrant Rights: works to educate, defend, and protect the rights of immigrants. It is committed to expanding access to legal immigration services, participating in policy making and community organizing.
- Make the Road New York: builds the power of Latino and other working-class communities to achieve dignity and justice. It utilizes community organizing and legal services to rewrite unjust laws and make democracy feasible for every person.
- New Women New Yorkers: was founded in 2014 with a mission to propel immigrant women to greatness. It provides workforce development and other programs for immigrant women to obtain employment or pursue higher education.
- Immigration Justice Corps: a growing coalition of immigration lawyers and advocates dedicated to helping immigrants pursue lawful status and citizenship.
- CAMBA: a Brooklyn-based agency that offers programs in economic development, education and youth development, family support, health, housing and legal aid.
- Project Hospitality: a Staten Island-based agency that offers a wide variety of services to those in need.
Capalino+Company assists companies doing business in New York City in actively giving back their time, talent and resources to the communities in which they operate. To learn more, contact Executive Vice President Jeanne Mullgrav at email@example.com or 212.616.5832.
Get The Latest From Capalino+Company! Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for a roundup of top news and appointments from New York City and State government straight to your inbox every Friday. Click here to subscribe to Affairs+Appointments.