The New York real estate market now has a wide range of climate related incentives and mandates for affordable housing, such as the Inflation Reduction Act on the federal level and Local Law 97 on the City level. How can industry leaders take full advantage of these offerings, meeting such requirements while also accessing and utilizing all economic benefits available? What steps can developers and owners take to meet these ambitious efficiency and sustainability standards?
In this webinar, urban strategy firm Capalino will host experts from the nonprofit NYC Housing Partnership and the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to discuss the tax abatements, credits, and rebates specific to the residential real estate market.
• Esther Toporovsky, Executive Vice President at NYC Housing Partnership
• Jared Lang, Senior Advisor at HPDC Energy (LRE STAFF)
• Greg Hale, Senior Advisor of Energy Efficiency Markets & Finance at NYSERDA
• Moderated by Paul Leibowitz, Director of Capital Markets at Capalino
• Inflation Reduction Act 101
• NYS Climate Leadership and Community Projection Act (CLCPA) and NYC Climate Mobilization Act (including Local Law 97)
• The social impact of clean, green & sustainable housing
• Other sources of funding in the pipeline on a federal level