MWBE NYC provides subscribers with access to vital information including weekly announcements and RFP notices for businesses that are seeking MWBE assistance.
1. Articles of Interest
Department of Small Business Services Launches New Online Portal to Make it Easier for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises to Certify Online and Update Business Profiles
- NYC Department of Small Business Services launched a new city portal for Minority and Women-owned Businesses (MWBEs).
- Companies qualify as M/WBEs if they are at least 51 percent owned and operated by minorities or women.
- The NYC Online Certification Portal will help firms track the status of their applications and routinely update their profiles, which include bonding limits and business contact information.
- Mayor de Blasio is also expected to announce a $1.4 million increase in funding for M/WBEs when he unveils his Fiscal Year 2016 executive budget.
2. Upcoming Events
The Emerging Leaders Initiative is an intensive executive-level training series to accelerate the growth of high- potential small businesses located in America’s underserved communities. Developed by the U.S. Small Business Administration, and drawing on the experiences of advisors and business leaders in your community, this comprehensive curriculum provides the tools to catapult your company to the next level and help it emerge as a force in your community.
The deadline for registration is Feb. 28th.
Ms. Man-Li Lin
Project Manager, Emerging Leaders Program
Supervisory Economic Development Specialist
U.S. Small Business Administration NY Office
26 Federal Plaza,
New York, NY 10278
- Emerging Leaders Program Information
- Emerging Leaders 2014 Poster Form
- SBA Emerging Leaders Initiative New York
To Register: Emerging Leaders Program Register
For additional information about MWBE NYC or to sign up for our directory and alerts, feel free to contact Tunisha W. Walker at (212) 616-5837