The Future of New York: When Will Tourism, NYC’s Economic Engine, Come Back?
Fred Dixon, President and CEO, NYC & Company, in conversation with Travis Terry, President of Capalino
Watch on YouTube >
Download Fred Dixon’s Presentation (PDF) >
Tourism has been an engine for the NYC economy, drawing a record 66.6 million visitors in 2019 and supporting hundreds of thousands of workers across a range of industries, from hotels to restaurants to Broadway. When the pandemic shuttered businesses and the lights on Broadway went dark, it also triggered a free-fall in tourism to New York City, one of the world’s most popular destinations. Business leaders are trying to devise plans to revive an industry that brought in $45 billion annually and supported 300,000 jobs.
In this webinar, Travis Terry, President of Capalino, and Fred Dixon, President and CEO of NYC & Company, NYC’s official destination marketing organization and convention and visitor’s bureau, discuss what New York’s tourism comeback looks like, why we need a five borough approach, and what individuals and corporations can do to revitalize NYC.
The discussion topics include:
- What does the NYC tourism comeback look like and when is it happening?
- What is NYC & Company’s roadmap for recovery—especially in the 5 boroughs?
- What can businesses do to help NYC recover, and why is it important to invest in NYC?
- Why is it important to promote hyperlocal visitation now throughout the five boroughs to help revitalize the city’s tourism industry?
- How do we help the city’s more than 403,000 tourism and hospitality employees return to work, and why is it important to hire local?
- Why are small businesses important and what can we do to help drive their success?
- When do forecasts predict the influx of tourists will rebound?
To learn more about NYC & Company, watch their video Welcome to Famous Original NYC, sign up for their newsletter, or visit coalition.nycgo.com.
We hope you found this webinar as insightful and informative as we did. For more information on how Capalino can help you build sustainable and inclusive growth, email Travis Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org.