In 2015, Americans spent $59.1 billion during the weekend of Thanksgiving – imagine if that money went to charities instead? Giving Tuesday began in 2012 as a way to encourage people to give their money to causes they believe in following Black Friday.
We at Capalino+Company are taking this opportunity to recognize the tremendous contributions of our City’s immigrant communities to New York’s economic success. In 2013 alone, immigrants accounted for over $257 billion dollars in economic activity in NYC, nearly one-third of the City’s GDP. If you are considering making a donation this Giving Tuesday, below are some immigrant-serving organizations you might consider. Many nonprofit Boards and other supporters pledge to match donations made on Giving Tuesday, maximizing your impact.
- CAMBA: a Brooklyn-based agency that offers programs in economic development, education and youth development, family support, health, housing and legal aid.
- International Rescue Committee: a global humanitarian aid, relief and development organization.
- Make the Road New York: builds the power of Latino and other working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through campaigns and services.
- The New York Immigration Coalition: a coalition of over 200 member organizations that serve NYC’s immigrant community.
- NY New Immigrant Community Empowerment (NICE): an organization that works to build power and advance the rights of immigrants through a variety of campaigns.
- Northern Manhattan Coalition for Immigrant Rights: works to educate, defend and protect the rights of immigrants.
- Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation: works to stabilize the Washington Heights and Inwood communities and helps residents build better lives through their services.
- Project Hospitality: a Staten Island-based agency that offers a wide variety of services to those in need.
Our thanks for your consideration and support,
The Capalino+Company Team
If you are a non-profit organization seeking strategic consulting or lobbying services, or a company seeking to implement a Corporate Social Responsibility agenda, please contact Jeanne Mullgrav at 212-616-5832 or Jeanne@capalino.com.