In 2015, Americans spent $59.1 billion during the weekend of Thanksgiving – imagine if that money went to charities instead? Giving Tuesday began in 2012 as a way to encourage people to give their money to causes they believe in following Black Friday.
We at Capalino are taking this opportunity to recognize the tremendous contributions of our City’s immigrant communities to New York’s economic success. In 2013 alone, immigrants accounted for over $257 billion dollars in economic activity in NYC, nearly one-third of the City’s GDP. If you are considering making a donation this Giving Tuesday, below are some immigrant-serving organizations you might consider. Many nonprofit Boards and other supporters pledge to match donations made on Giving Tuesday, maximizing your impact.
- CAMBA: a Brooklyn-based agency that offers programs in economic development, education and youth development, family support, health, housing and legal aid.
- International Rescue Committee: a global humanitarian aid, relief and development organization.
- Make the Road New York: builds the power of Latino and other working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through campaigns and services.
- The New York Immigration Coalition: a coalition of over 200 member organizations that serve NYC’s immigrant community.
- NY New Immigrant Community Empowerment (NICE): an organization that works to build power and advance the rights of immigrants through a variety of campaigns.
- Northern Manhattan Coalition for Immigrant Rights: works to educate, defend and protect the rights of immigrants.
- Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation: works to stabilize the Washington Heights and Inwood communities and helps residents build better lives through their services.
- Project Hospitality: a Staten Island-based agency that offers a wide variety of services to those in need.
Our thanks for your consideration and support,
The Capalino Team
If you are a non-profit organization seeking strategic consulting or lobbying services, or a company seeking to implement a Corporate Social Responsibility agenda, please contact Jeanne Mullgrav at 212-616-5832 or Jeanne@capalino.com.
Learn more about our Corporate Social Responsibility Services