Revenue for online sales alone topped $3.8 billion during Thanksgiving weekend in 2017 – imagine if that money went to charities instead? Giving Tuesday began in 2012 as a way to encourage people to give their money to causes they believe in, following Black Friday. This is an opportunity for everyone, including small donors, to give to charities. Many nonprofit Boards and supporters pledge to match donations, maximizing your impact- no matter the size.
This Giving Tuesday, Capalino+Company encouraged our friends and partners to consider donating to organizations that serve our City’s immigrants, who have contributed tremendously to New York’s economic success.
Here are a few immigrant-serving organizations that you might consider supporting:
- The New York Immigration Coalition: a coalition of over 200 member organizations that serve NYC’s immigrant community.
- Make the Road New York: builds the power of Latino and other working class communities to achieve dignity and justice through campaigns and services.
- Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation: works to stabilize the Washington Heights and Inwood communities and helps residents build better lives through their services.
- Northern Manhattan Coalition for Immigrant Rights: works to educate, defend and protect the rights of immigrants.
- CAMBA: a Brooklyn-based agency that offers programs in economic development, education and youth development, family support, health, housing and legal aid.
- NY New Immigrant Community Empowerment (NICE): an organization that works to build power and advance the rights of immigrants through a variety of campaigns.
- Project Hospitality: a Staten Island-based agency that offers a wide variety of services to those in need.
- International Rescue Committee: a global humanitarian aid, relief and development organization.
If you are a non-profit organization seeking strategic consulting or lobbying services, or a company seeking to implement a Corporate Social Responsibility agenda, please contact Jeanne Mullgrav at 212-616-5832 or Jeanne@capalino.com.
Get The Latest From Capalino+Company! Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for a roundup of top news and appointments from New York City and State government straight to your inbox every Friday. Click here to subscribe to Affairs+Appointments.