Alicia Guevara, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC (BBBS)
In Conversation with Susan Hinkson-Carling, Group Leader, Capalino
As our elected officials, businesses, educational leaders, and NYC residents are struggling to cope with disruptions and quality of life issues, Capalino, New York’s leading urban strategy firm, addresses critical challenges and solutions for recovery with our “Future of New York” series.
During this unprecedented crisis, we have an extraordinary opportunity to engage young people in the solution to making our city a better place, as well as building diversity, equity and inclusion in New York’s workforce. This month’s program will focus on building a better work force by inspiring the future generation of leaders. Capalino’s Group Leader Susan Hinkson-Carling will host this interactive webinar and interview Alicia Guevara, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC (BBBS), joined by a “Big and Little” BBBS mentor and mentee.
Some of the topic covered include:
- What should the business community be doing to help New Yorkers, especially young people, who are especially struggling through this crisis?
- How can businesses, nonprofits and government work together to help develop the workforce of tomorrow?
- What virtual mentoring programs can be developed now to encourage young people, and educate them about future business opportunities and skills?
- How do we engage young people in their skills and talent? How do we develop social capital that supports and sponsors their success?
- What predictions do you have for the future? In your ideal world, what would NY look like when COVID is ‘over’, and 10 years down the line?
Watch on YouTube >
To learn more about Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC, visit https://www.bigsnyc.org/.