Are You Ready to Become Certified by New York State as a Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBEs)?
Here are the documents that you will need to start your application process. These documents are mandatory.
You need to have started and established your business.
- Your business’s federal tax ID number
- Your business’s address, phone and contact information
- Certification Application Notarization
- Department of State registration for all domestic firms
- Personal Net Worth Affidavit for each minority or woman upon which certification is based
- Current year business Financial Statements: including Year-To-Date Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Statement
- Most recent three (3) years of Federal, and State tax returns for the BUSINESS including all statements, schedules, and amendments
- Most recent two (2) years of Federal and State PERSONAL tax returns; including all schedules, W2s, statements and amendments for each minority or woman upon which certification is based
- Documented proof of sources of capitalization and investments
- Bank signature card or letter from the bank identifying persons authorized to conduct transactions, level of authority and limitations, if any, on all business accounts
- Proof of US Citizenship or Proof of permanent resident alien status (i.e. permanent resident “green” card.) for each Minority or Woman who has an ownership interest in the applicant firm
- Resumes of all principals, partners, officers and/or key employees of the firm
- Current, signed lease or Deed for all locations where your firm conducts business
- Certificate of Publication, with the Affidavits of Publication
- Certificate of Registration or Articles of Organization
- Operating Agreement and any amendments
If applicable, your firm must also supply the following:
- Personal Net Worth Worksheet for each minority or woman upon which certification is based that has a net worth exceeding $1.3 million
- Proof of gender (any government-issued identification)
- Proof of minority status as described in the definition of MBE under Article 15-A for each Minority who has an ownership interest in the applicant firm
- All signed third party agreements including equipment rentals, purchase agreements, management, service agreements, etc.
- Any certification, decertification or denial of certification documentation
- Any employment agreements
- Copies of all licenses, permits, certifications, and/or accreditations utilized by this firm to conduct business, including those held by individual
- Copy of the New York State Vendor Tax Registration
- Signed lease Agreements or proof of ownership for office space, yard space, warehouse space, and/or equipment
- Vehicle registration(s) for all vehicles used for business purposes and/or charged to the Business
- If out-of-state, Certificate of Authority to conduct business in New York State, and any amendments
- Written request for exemption from disclosure regarding trade secrets
- Written request for exemption from public disclosure of certain records maintained by the program
- Proof of business activity in the form of a signed contract or purchase order
Capalino+Company provides clients with the highest quality services for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs). Combining unparalleled experience, a broad range of relationships and a deep knowledge of government processes, we collaborate with our clients to successfully navigate the complex rules, regulations and politics of local and state governments.
- Problem Solving and Technical Assistance
- Relationship Building and Networking amongst MWBE’s and Corporations
- Business Development
- Directory Referral Listings of Vetted MWBE’s
For further information please contact Tunisha Walker.
Capalino+Company takes pride in providing you with the latest information regarding MWBE Workshops and Events. If you are an MWBE or a DBE that is looking for assistance with finding out additional information regarding the workshops, events or RFP’s listed in this newsletter, please feel free to contact Tunisha W. Walker.