On Thursday, September 22, City & State recognized exceptional corporate citizens from labor unions, trade and business associations as well as law, lobbying and consulting firms for their outstanding public service. Capalino+Company is proud to join the rest of this year’s honorees in being recognized for our firm’s efforts in making corporate social responsibility a key part of our business. The breakfast event, held at New York Law School, featured special guests Jennifer Raab, President of Hunter College, and Peter Meyer, Market President of TD Bank.
“We are delighted to be recognized because CSR is such an important part of our culture at Capalino+Company and integrated across the entire firm. From providing pro-bono services for select nonprofit clients, to encouraging employees to actively serve their communities through board membership and volunteer efforts, to providing financial support to local charities and matching employee donations to their favorite causes, Capalino+Company is deeply committed to giving back,” said James Capalino, Chief Executive Officer of Capalino+Company.
Congratulations to all of the honorees for labor, law and lobbying:
- Richard Alles, Director of 9/11 Community Affairs, Barasch, McGarry, Salzman & Penson
- Stuart Appelbaum, President, RWDSU
- Patricia Chambers Daly, Vice President for Development & External Affairs, Nontraditional Employment for Women (NEW)
- Sid Davidoff, Esq., Founding Partner, Davidoff Hutcher & Citron LLP
- Fernando Ferrer, Co-Chairman, Mercury LLC
- Héctor J. Figueroa, President, 32BJ SEIU
- Kenneth K. Fisher, Member, Cozen O’Connor
- Brigid Flaherty, Organizing Director, ALIGN
- Gregory Floyd, President, Teamsters Local 237, IBT
- Edward H. Gersowitz, President, New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Suri Kasirer, President, Kasirer LLC
- Mercedes Mambru, Director of Finance, 1199SEIU Benefit and Pension Funds
- Daniel P. O’Toole, Esq., Chairman, Labor Law Committee, New York State Trial Lawyers Association Block O’Toole & Murphy, LLP
- Vincent F. Pitta, Esq., Founding and Managing Partner, Pitta & Giblin LLP
- Roberto Ramirez, Principal, MirramGroup
- John Samuelsen, President,Transport Workers Union, Local 100
- Edward C. Wallace, Partner, Greenberg Taurig
- Deborah L. Wright, Esq., President, Association of Legal Aid Attorneys-UAW Local 2325
- Joni Yoswein, President & CEO, Yoswein New York
Capalino+Company assists companies doing business in New York City in actively giving back their time, talent and resources to the communities in which they operate.
To see how Capalino+Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team, led by Jeanne Mullgrav, can take your business to the next level, contact Jeanne at email@example.com.
Get The Latest From Capalino+Company! Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for a roundup of top news and appointments from New York City and State government straight your inbox every Friday. Click here to subscribe to Affairs+Appointments.